Donald A. Somerville, D.M.D., M.S.
Dr. Somerville is the director of the Center for Implant and Reconstructive Dentistry in the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. He is actively involved in the education of dental professionals on the subjects of prosthodontics and dental implants and has lectured extensively in the United States and Canada. His primary clinical focus as a prosthodontist is the comprehensive management and treatment of patients with dental implants and other complex restorative and esthetic needs.
- Director, Center for Implant and Reconstructive Dentistry, UConn School of Dental Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, Department of Reconstructive Sciences, UConn School of Dental Medicine
- Dental implants
- Reconstruction of the jaws with hard and soft tissue grafting
B.Sc., Acadia University
D.M.D., University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine
M.S., Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry
Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
General Practice Residency, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Harvard School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
Prosthodontics, Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas
International Team for Implantology
- Marion Mattoli Award, UConn School of Dental Medicine
- American Academy of Oral Medicine Award, UConn School of Dental Medicine
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Award, UConn School of Dental Medicine
- Connecticut Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Award, UConn School of Dental Medicine
Cheng A., Somerville D., Wee A., Altered prosthodontic treatment approach for total maxillectomy patients: A clinical report. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.
Somerville D., Woody R., Higginbottom F., Miller B., Evaluation of three commercially available implant – abutment configurations. M.S. Thesis.