Thomas D. Taylor, D.D.S., M.S.D.
- Professor and Head, Department of Reconstructive Sciences, UConn School of Dental Medicine
- Maxillofacial Prosthetics
American Board of Prosthodontics
B.S., University of Iowa
D.D.S., University of Iowa
M.S.D., University of Minnesota
General practice residency, Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Prosthodontics and maxillofacial prosthetics, Mayo Clinic
Academy of Prosthodontics, American College of Prosthodontists, International Team for Implantology
- Elected first U.S. member, International Team for Oral Implantology (Internationales Team für Orale Implantologie) September 1992 and as first non-European president in 2001.
- Executive Director, American Board of Prosthodontics 2001-present.
- 2003 American College of Prosthodontists President’s Award for significant contributions and devotion to the ACP and to the specialty of Prosthodontics.
- American Dental Association Golden Apple Award for mentorship, 2004.
- Honorary Fellow, Societas Implantologica Bohemica, 2006
- Best Dentist List, 2007
Duncan J., Raghavendra S., Taylor T. A selective pressure technique for the edentulous maxilla. J Prosthet Dent 2004;92:299-301.
Gulizio M., Agar J., Kelly J., Taylor T. Effect of implant angulation upon retention of overdenture attachments. J Prosthodont 2005;14:3-11.
Raghavendra S., Wood M., Taylor T. Early wound healing around endosseous implants: A review of the literature. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2005;20:425-431.
Karl M., Rosch S., Graef F., Taylor T., Heckmann S. Strain situation after fixation of three-unit ceramic veneered implant superstructures. Implant Dent 2005; 14:157- 165.
Taylor T., Wiens J., Carr A. Evidence-based considerations for removable prosthodontic and dental implant occlusion: A literature review. J Prosthet Dent 2005;94:555-60.
Karl M., Taylor T., Wichmann M., Heckmann S. In vivo stress behavior in cemented and screw-retained five unit implant FPDs. J Prosthodont 2006;15:20-24.
Karl M., Werner W., Taylor T., Heckmann S. Fixation of 5-unit implant supported fixed partial dentures and resulting bone loading: A finite element assessment based on in vivo strain measurements. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2006;21:756-762.
View more publications, see Pubmed listing.
- Biomechanical aspects of dental implants.
Basic Science Research
- Clinical outcomes associated with dental implants.